Miss Edgar’s and Miss Cramp’s (ECS) is a small school by design. As a community-oriented independent girls’ school in the Montreal-area, we embrace a progressive approach to 21st century learning with a focus on cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset in our students from K-11. The mission of the school is to nurture each student to carve her own future and to care about the future of others as a global citizen in a rapidly changing professional landscape.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a dynamic and forward-thinking setting and understands with us that education changes lives. ECS is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and
respectful environment. We welcome and encourage qualified applicants who share our commitment.
Position Title: Accounting Officer
Department: Business Office
Status: Regular, full time
Hours: 35 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Finance & Operations
The role of the Accounting Officer is to manage the end-to-end functions of the School’s accounting cycles, and to provide general finance and administrative assistance to the Director of Finance and Operations, as needed. The Accounting Officer is flexible, adaptable, with an ability to work both independently and within the structure of a team.
• Lead all accounting functions, including recording recurring journal
entries, preparing quarter-end variance analyses, and producing reconciliations for all financial statement areas.
• Generate schedules and supporting working papers for the year-end audits
• Complete sales tax reports (for filing) on a semi-annual basis and follow up on irregularities
• Provide general support to the team in the Business Office as needed, in the areas of Payroll, A/R, and A/P
• Identify areas of improvement and automate manual procedures
• Contribute to the implementation of policies & procedures
• Manage the transition to a paperless filing system
• Ad-hoc special projects, as requiredRequirements:
• DEC in accounting
• 3 – 5 years of related experience
• Audit experience an asset
• Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
• Ability to take ownership of issues and to work under pressure
• Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Work experience with QuickBooks and/or COBA an asset
• Excellent communication skills in both French/English
To apply, please submit your letter of application and resumé to email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected
for an interview will be contacted.